This month I ordered my first birchbox, and the theme for it was ‘sprinkle happiness’ and its about starting the year the right way, and being the best version of yourself.
I wasn’t sure what types of things would be in the box, but I was pleasantly surprised by its contents.
The first item I got was Vasanti ‘brighten up’ enzymatic face rejuvinator.
- The description for this product is: ‘when your complexion needs a lift, the powerful papaya enzymes in this deep-cleaning formula will smooth and brighten your skin, while micro-crystals slough away dirt.
- The instructions for this product are: a few times a week, massage a small amount into damp skin. Rinse away and pat dry.
- My impression: I like the texture of this face wash, it was slightly grainy and pasty. It makes my skin very soft, and although I did get a few little spots after using, which is common when using a new face wash, me skin looks very bright and clear. I will continue to use this, but I am not sure whether I would buy the full size yet.
- Birchbox price: £26.
The second item I received was NUXE prodigieux shower oil.
- The description for this product is: showers are a daily occurrence, but they can feel luxurious too! The iconic huile prodigieuse fragrance wafts from this skin-softening oil, which cleanses and pampers skin beautifully.
- The instructions for this product are: massage generously into damp skin then rinse away.
- My impression: this shower oil smells amazing, and the little specks of gold in it make me feel very luxurious. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft. I would buy this oil again.
- Birchbox price: £10.
The third item in the box was merci handy hand cream.
- The description of this product is: winter often equals dry hands, so make sure you show them some love with this sweet-smelling lotion. It’s packed with tiny pearls and nourishing extracts to pamper and soothe.
- The instructions for this product are: massage into dry hands whenever they need peeking up.
- My impression: the little pearls are lovely, and the smell is amazing and very strong. This makes my hands feel soft and moisturised and it lasts for hours. I would buy this again, over any hand cream I’ve used.
- Birchbox price: £4.90.
The fourth item I received In the box was Kebelo clarifying shampoo.
- The description for this product is: when product build up and over styling have left your hair looking dull, this deep-cleansing formula will work to detox both your strands and scalp with its gentle blend of purifying ingredients.
- The instructions for this product are: once or twice a month, massage generously into wet hair and scalp then rinse away.
- My impression: my hair felt clean, lightweight, and healthy after using this. It was a much needed detox. I would definitely buy this again.
- Birchbox price: £13.95
The final item I received was a lord and berry conceal-it crayon in beige.
- The description for this item is: way more than just a concealer, this creamy pencil not only disguises imperfections but it’s also great at highlighting areas that you want to show off – think beneath brow bones and Cupid’s bow.
- The instructions for this product are: apply straight to your skin from the stick, using your fingertips to blend.
- My impression: I have used this concealer a few times when I didn’t want to wear make up, but just cover up some imperfections, and it blended in nicely, not sinking into fine lines. It has nice coverage and a little goes a long way. I would buy this product again.
- Birchbox price: £12.
I would recommend trying birchbox if you are interested in hair care, skincare and make up and love trying new things.
I hope this review was useful and you find some things that you might like to try for yourself.
Until next time,